Nell has a global repertoire of stories for adults; folk, fairy, myth and legend with the untamed, disorderly and feral left beating at the heart of the tales.
'She is daring and funny, soulful and provoking, and values, above all, the connection with the audience.'
- Little Red Riding Hood and Other Lost Girls
- The Girl Who Married A Dog: Arctic stories
- Kiss of Forgetfulness: love play tricks of mis-remembering in a soot-stained city
- How To Find Your Perfect Partner: short tales of true and mis-matched lovers
- Trickster Tales: extraordinary, elemental tales from around the world
- The Late Night Rude Show: rude and very rude stories!
'I was easily swept up in the lyrical, tragic moments that tripped off Nell’s tongue like water off the proverbial merman’s back'
kistlou blog, audience member
'Nell Phoenix has been regularly performing at our fabled Bedtime Story Nights for over five years, playing a hugely important role in making them one of the best reviewed events in the country. She is ALWAYS the first person we contact when we are scheduling new dates, and she is also our first choice for any bespoke events we are asked to do for high-profile corporate clients such as Charles Heidsieck Champagne or The Royal Exchange.
Nell is a natural performer with a rare gift to woo, tease, inspire and enchant an audience. She is a joy to work with, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is programming events, or who simply wants to enjoy an evening brimming over with wild wit and gentle wisdom. Nell is an absolute star!!’
David Carter 40 Winks Hotel London